Learn More About Dental Bonding in Houston For Your Teeth
Do you ever wonder why almost all celebrities seem to have the perfect teeth? A lot of what celebrities have can be explained by cosmetic dentistry. It is an arm of dentistry concerned with improving how teeth look, whether in color, shape, or size.
What Is Dental Bonding?
It is a cosmetic dental process that involves using tooth-colored composite resin material to cover the flaws on the teeth of patients. The procedure has been used to cover different dental problems, ranging from minor dental flaws to major ones. The tooth-colored composite resin material is usually applied to the affected tooth, and it adheres to the teeth through the bonding process.
Understanding the Bonding Process
The dental bonding process is not invasive or time-consuming. Quite the contrary, it requires minimal preparation of the teeth for the composite resin material. The process is also painless, which means you may not quite require local anesthesia, unless for unique situations.
The process involves roughening the surface of the damaged tooth to prepare for the adhesion process. This bit of the procedure involves the use of a conditioning gel that roughens the tooth. After this, the resin material is applied to the tooth. The good thing is that your dentist can find a resin material that closely matches the natural color of your teeth. This is what presents the cosmetic advantage of the dental bonding process. It, however, has to be cured for it to properly adhere. The curing or hardening process is aided by ultraviolet light or laser. When the resin is hardened it becomes one with the tooth. While still at the dental clinic in Houston, your dentist will reshape the resin material to give it the final cosmetic glare and appeal.
When Is Dental Bonding Used?
Dental bonding is a dental alternative that can be used to correct many flaws on a patient’s teeth. Some of the most common areas include:
- Repairing decayed teeth – decayed teeth can be problematic to have. They increase tooth sensitivity and even result in extreme damage to teeth. Dental bonding can be used to fill cavities of decayed teeth. For this treatment, the appliances used are onlays and inlays. In this case, dental bonding is a cosmetic alternative to silver dental fillings or amalgams.
- Covering discolored teeth – discolorations on teeth are not a good look. They can hold you back from smiling and living your best life. Instead of getting used to the stains n your teeth, you can have them covered through the dental bonding process. For this, dental veneers are used over the surface of the discolored teeth.
- Closing gaps between teeth – the gaps that are often caused by mispositioning of teeth can be hard to correct. If anything, their total restoration involves going through the orthodontic treatment plan to realign your teeth. With dental bonding, dental veneers can be used to close up the existing gaps, make our teeth look fuller and more cosmetically appealing than before.
- Reshaping teeth – there is a way that different types of teeth should look. However, during the growth and development, some of your teeth can grow unusually, adopting strange shapes. This cosmetic disaster can be fixed through the dental bonding process. Dental veneers can be bonded to the poorly shaped teeth and reshaped in a different and better appealing shape. This also goes for patients who have unusually short teeth.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Bonding?
The dental bonding process has been praised for amazing cosmetic transformations in dentistry. Some of the main benefits of this procedure in dentistry include:
- Versatility – The dental bonding process can be used for different purposes. It can correct a myriad of dental flaws and improve the appearance of teeth thereof. The best part is that the process takes various forms, ranging from attaching dental veneers to filling teeth with onlays and inlays.
- Non-invasive process – the treatment involving dental bonding is non-invasive. You retain a lot of your natural teeth structures. In most cases, patients do not even require local anesthesia for their treatments. Besides, the treatment is painless.
- Cosmetic advantage – dental bonding has heavily been used in the cosmetic world to enhance the appearance of teeth and give patients better-looking smiles.
- It is a quick-fix – once you visit your dentist for dental bonding procedures, you will be done with all your treatment in just one dental visit.